Feed your ego yourself!

Until recently, I used to have this feeling that whatever good thing happens to me comes as a result of luck or any other thing aside my hard work. For instance, when I write exams and I pass, I feel it's because the exam was easy, the time I got admission a part of me thought it was probably someone that low-key worked the admission for me not my hardwork and prayers. The time I wrote my TOEFL for the first time and I had 84 I felt it was easy, it's English now  if it was maths I'm sure I won't have passed it like this. I lived my life like this till I preached to my self  the gospel of "self-belief" and "self appraisal". A whole lot of people will confuse these two things for arrogance or even pride, In my lifetime, I have got a lot of "you're so full of yourself" comment but hey, people who tell you this are those that don't understand your journey and battle -the battle you've fought against insecurities, self disappointment and a truck load  of other bad feelings you've conquered. 
  In the kingdom of feelings, self belief and appraisal will be the the Supreme being. It's just the positive way you think about everything that has to do with you, heck! It not only gives  purpose and  focus but also direction. It doesn't make you wait on others to praise you, it gives you the energy to be able to look in the mirror and see the beauty behind your scars, it gives you the strength to look at the result of your hard work and pat your self in the back then treat yourself to anything you feel like without waiting for others. It gives you the strength to say  "I know righttttttt"when someone tries to complement you, it's what gives you the ability to smile widely even when your dentition isn't properly aligned. Yes, believing in yourself doesn't mean you have it together already, it doesn't even make everything fall in place, it instead helps to manage failure and setbacks and rather not give excuse. I checked my result the other day  and I saw I had D, I told my self "you've done well in others and you can still do well in others to come, you're smarter than a D" 

Comments

  1. Keeping trying on and on are also rewarded as you said. I remembered when you did jamb and passed with the cutoff marks required as at then. Behold, you were denied an admission then. Thanking the Almighty for his grace, you will graduate very soon in one of the best university. May you be bless the more my dear Abike as you work hard the more and"feed your ego yourself ! "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! It wasn't even a walk in the park but then I'm grateful to God

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts