A stroll through a depressed soul

As I sit by the window side of this car beside a guy who probably thinks music is the way for him and won't let me even hear my music from my ear piece in peace. I remember the first time I took this journey, the very first time I left Lagos agos for Ilorin. I went through that journey with a depressed and withdrawn soul. That time for me had to be the most challenging period of my life so far, it was like the whole world was against me. I mean how was I supposed to deal with divorced parents, angry mother,  staying at the same spot for 2 years while trying out different means to move but everything comes back and laugh in my face, at that point, I was depressed. Now that I think of it, I realize anyone could be depressed , it doesn't even come with age and guess what!?  this depression thing comes in levels,it all started when I was in ss2, I just suddenly changed from the nice playful girl to the bitter kid and guess what? People judged me from distance as usual and news started flying I was a bad person.  We really need to chill out, everyone is fighting their own battles. How do you expect a 13 years old girl to handle the situation when her mum just walks into her school and tells her "I've left your father's house, go to your grandma's after school"  how am I supposed to still be the same when my life has just taken a really sharp turn without notification or maybe it'd been notifying but I didn't pay attention, who knows?  Depression at the beginning may give you a kind of really high high but trust me when the low comes, it's really lowwwwww.  I been there babe.
We handle this thing differently. I've lost track of the number of times I've cried my self to sleep, the way I suddenly didn't have interest in anything again. At that point, my mum was also on her own level of depression and because we both were depressed souls, we were usually at war. After 4 years I'm still struggling with getting  myself back and guess what!  I still haven't, I think and constantly ask my self "what if depression was the prophecy that ends the world. What if? Just what if? Because this thing doesn't even leave you, once it's seen you are  a bit relaxed  it hides and waits for that trigger and we back in square 1.  I've had to deal with insomnia, migraine and bad blood pressure. So tell me if it really isn't the prophecy that ends the world when I am not even 20 yet and I have such problems. if we count the number of depressed people out there.  Before you judge your friend's new attitude why not take out time to understand them first. Of Evey 10 persons at least 5 of them are depressed or frustrated about something.
It takes me and you to stop this prophecy, how? 
*dont judge people
* understand yourself and look out for yourself, don't give yourself the chance to sink into this pit because you might eventually drown
* check on your friends especially the hard guys
*It's okay to grief maybe if I'd grieved my parents divorce immediately i might have got over it by now rather than acting like it was well when it really wasn't and I knew it wasn't
* find solace in other things other than thinking .

Comments

Popular Posts