So when you reach your breaking point?

[In this life, one thing we all have is breaking point, irrespective of the age, position, gender etc. We get to a point we just can't hold the hurt and pain anymore and we just really want to lash out at the person who's been hurting us. At this point, everything will make sense except forgiveness, the "two wrongs don't make a right" mantra will be the dumbest thing because at that point what we really want is to cut them as deeply as they cut us, bring them all the pain they brought into our lives, maybe even doubled. We want to bad mouth them, break them down, maybe even ball our fists and fight them— but take a moment and ask yourself, "what will that solve?" here's the answer- Nothing! Absolutely nothing, instead we give hate and negativity the chance to dominate our feelings.
At some point, somebody really really did hurt me, I felt cheated on, betrayed, worthless and all of that. Personally, I don't find forgiving such an easy thing to do because I'm an emotional hoarder- I hold all of my feelings in and hardly let out emotion, thus, I avoid any emotional something because I don't want negativity. When I couldn't get past the feeling, I just went to God and prayed, I prayed and asked the He shows himself to this person and then I left it to God. At that point, I had peace with myself because I'd been harboring the thoughts of vengeance without me even knowing, I really wanted the person to get hurt like I was and even more but I realized Revenge does nothing but break the heart even further. But choosing to forgive, to let go, to stop worrying so much about getting even and instead embracing what lies ahead of you—you are brought back into the light again.
I promise you, forgiveness is not easy and forgetting is even way harder but for the sake of your own peace and happiness, just let go and leave it to fate or God or whatever supreme being you believe in. At the end of the day, nobody is in charge of your happiness except you!

"the need to get even with the one who's hurt you, is the bedrock for negativity in your life."
Bear no grudge then you shall find peace within yourself.

With love,
Your blogger girl 🌹

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts