Hi there, I'm really grateful you could take out time to follow that link that brought you here. It's been a long time I feel I have cobwebs hanging around here already. 300 level in the department of English is not even chills, I have  class practically everyday and the network in this ilorin 🤦is something else but I'll still try to come here . Enough of my rants, let's get on the gist for the day *drum rolls*

No man they say is an island, we meet new people everyday, some stay and some don't. Some become family and some frenemies. Some make our lives beautiful while some make us cry. Some people teach us how to love while some make us wish we never loved.
Social interaction is like food to the soul and cannot be avoided. Dont get me wrong, food differs oo. There will be some foods that don't work fine for your body no matter how much you like them. I'm a die hard lover of milk and it's products but my stomach can't handle it, I'm lactose intolerant- I'd to start avoiding these things but I still take them once in a while. Basically I just learnt to understand what works for my stomach and that's it.
 Relationships are like flowers, when you water as necessary it blooms but the moment you don't do the necessary, it starts to wither then eventually die a natural death. The "water" needed in whatever relationship is UNDERSTANDING.  It is very rare to be in a relationship with someone without there been an argument about something or the other but what won't make this escalate into a very big fight? Understanding the person.
As I'm your friend, if I tell you I don't like fan, and anytime I come to your home you leave the fan and AC on. I'll just have to maintain my lane and stay in my house, no fight.
Yes, we can't get everyone to understand from our own point of view simply because we don't think alike but then we can come together and reach a reasonable point such that when I come to your house, you at least put off the fan and Leave the AC on. At the end of the day,  it's win win - I don't go back to my house and start nursing catarrh and even you are not being struck by heat.
But then, understanding someone doesn't equate to tolerating their insolence. A bad habit isn't meant to be understood it's meant to be corrected for the sake of humanity and peace
"the bedrock of every relationship is understanding, it's what will make you forgive your friend's excess before they even apologize about it"

Comments

  1. Nice 👍
    'Frenemies' I like that combination
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my thoughts on compromise. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a relationship lacks understanding, it lacks basically every other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, once both parties don't understand each other. The relationship is a no no

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts